Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tatlı rüyalar

In other words: sweet dreams. Six weeks later and I'm back in Istanbul. It feels like so much longer, in truth. Istiklal Caddesi is one of the livliest places you can visit on a Saturday night and finding yourself alone there is alright, just as long as you really know how to people watch. Musicians will play, and wanderers will gather to listen! Dogs will be walked and couples will stroll as late an hour as 2 o'clock in the morning! Party-goers will shout and fashionistas will strut!
I won't say goodbye, because I don't feel like I'm leaving this place. In fact, it has instilled itself in me. Unfortunately, these feelings don't ward off the pit that opens in my stomach when I think on those I've met and that which I've seen here. There seems to me to be no shortage of good times to be had. Shutting off my mind is the problem and I can't be sure how well I'll sleep tonight seeing as my two roommates have managed to occupy all four beds.

Come back again and read my thoughts in a few weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment